ARAMARK works in close partnership with our business and industry clients to develop customized janitorial programs to fit facility-specific needs. We understand that different industries require different janitorial solutions, and we have the knowledge and experience to provide efficient and cost-effective services in many different types of work environments. We specialize in creating and sustaining attractive, clean, healthy, and safe working environments while focusing on service excellence and operational efficiencies. Backed by professional, on-site management and support resources, our programs have successfully yielded measurable results by improving quality and safety, containing costs, and training and motivating employees while minimizing risks.
Customized Solutions, Innovative Systems
ARAMARK can customize a service plan that works perfectly and seamlessly for you using documented and efficient work management processes, advanced technologies, and highly trained and trustworthy personnel. Our Janitorial Services Program uses the best products, equipment, procedures, and training available, all geared specifically toward the needs of industrial and commercial facilities. Over the years, ARAMARK innovations have led to leading-edge industry changes and propelled our janitorial services ahead of conventional programs. By replacing physical labor with unique, multi-functional equipment, our powerful systems provide cleaner facilities and significantly reduce labor and supply costs.
ARAMARK’s janitorial services include (but are not limited to):
- Blind cleaning
- Carpet care
- Cleanroom services
- Computer room cleaning
- Construction cleanup
- Day cleaning
- Document disposal
- Emergency services
- Escalator cleaning
- Food service sanitation
- General maintenance
- Green cleaning
- Hard services
- Hard surface floor care
- Inventory control
- Light industrial services
- Matting programs
- Medical waste disposal
- Pressure washing
- Production line support
- Recycling services
- Restroom sanitation
- Soft services
- Special event services
- Supply management
- Upholstery cleaning
- Waste management
Committed to Quality and Sustainability
ARAMARK is both ISSA Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) certified and CIMS-Green Building (CIMS-GB) certified with honors. ISSA, the worldwide cleaning association, offers CIMS certification to organizations that consistently demonstrate a commitment to quality and service in meeting their customer’s needs and expectations. CIMS-GB further certifies companies that meet environmental stewardship standards, including the capability to partner with customers in the LEED® process. These certifications are a testament to ARAMARK’s commitment to providing sustainable janitorial services in a way that delivers consistent quality, efficient operations, and continuous improvement.
Green Thread™ is ARAMARK’s commitment to weaving sustainable practices into everything we do for our customers. Whether you want to create a healthier environment for your employees and customers or would like to pursue or maintain LEED-EB certification, ARAMARK is prepared to offer the services and support you need.
Implementation and Transition
ARAMARK has extensive experience managing change processes in a wide variety of businesses. As a result, we are adept in helping organizations cope and even thrive during periods of great change. We ensure a seamless and minimally disruptive transition to our Janitorial Services Program using a number of successful tactics and ongoing communication throughout the transition and implementation period. Before the official start date, an experienced team of ARAMARK support specialists led by a dedicated Facility Services Manager primes the partnership for success by:
- Conducting a thorough inventory of equipment and establishing a database for the maintenance management system
- Recruiting staff, assessing skills and training needs, and providing orientation and initial training
- Developing and implementing an effective communication plan
The start-up team then ensures the seamless transition of service and responsibility by implementing proven programs that establish and document safety, quality assurance, training, and maintenance management and by providing backup technical and manpower resources.
It’s All About Execution
The ARAMARK Janitorial Services Program includes seven primary modules that work together to increase efficiency and ensure excellence:
- Production Scheduling: Optimizes employee schedules and improves time management
- Quality Control: Tracks areas where improvements are being made, areas that need more attention, or employees who need additional training
- Personnel Management: Tracks employee training records and performance, addressing both strengths and weaknesses
- Financial Management: Helps to reduce costs related to labor, supplies, equipment, and overtime by reporting where and when dollars are spent according to each building or individual
- Inventory Management: Ensures value from supply and equipment expenditures by taking an inventory all existing supplies and equipment and assisting in a life-cycle analysis of capital equipment
- Program Evaluation: Evaluates our training programs, identifies employees who lack training, and tracks training costs and other department expenses
- Utilities: Records all maintenance files for the computer system, covering start-up information such as shift differentials
ARAMARK also incorporates technology in the day-to-day management and support of our janitorial services operations. We deploy a select CMMS system, based on scope of work and client specifications, to help us keep more efficient records and control of available resources, create customized reports, and provide Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) and applicable requirements. What’s more, clients can use CMMS to access to the latest information on products, equipment, work processes, and codes and regulations.
We strive to bring long-term value to our client relationships by providing innovative, best-in-class services delivered with integrity and accountability. These services include:
- Frequent rounds by our on-site management team to assess service levels and alert our managers to any recurring or potential concerns
- Daily supervisor inspections toshow the quality of work performance achieved in a particular area and the necessary improvements
- Weekly inspections to review work accomplishments and set objectives for future work needed
- Quarterly department progress reviews to assess equipment operation, managementsystems,risk prevention, code compliance, program balance, and documentation
- Interviews and surveys to reflect how service is perceived by key people in your facility
- Executive joint review meetings to report on accomplishments, current program status, and future objectives
- Annual program performance reviews to detail our accomplishments and achievements
- Annual customer surveys to gain a clear understanding of our performance in meeting your service requirements
Monitoring performance outcomes is an important part of the overall ARAMARK management program. Our Partnership Success Plan helps us to exceed client expectations by continually measuring our performance in several ways:
- Key performance indicators (KPIs) are used to meet our performance management objectives and the requirements and expectations of our clients. KPIs are measured and tracked on a monthly basis and used by facility managers to identify trends in performance.
- Continuous improvement programs help us to exceed our clients’ requirements by improving our products and services. Continuous improvement programs are implemented at all of our client locations to enhance the quality of services we provide.
- ISO 9001:2000 is an internationally recognized standard for quality management systems. The operating system is built on KPIs necessary to achieve world-class performance. We deploy ISO 9001:2000 standards for the operational controls at several locations to ensure a consistent level of service.
To further enhance service and maintain ongoing quality, ARAMARK regularly audits operations in all of our facilities:
- District manager audits: Conducted annually in every facility to examine all areas of the operation
- Star Team audits: Conducted periodically to ensure that operations meet organizational and client objectives and identify service enhancement opportunities
- Peer Review Program: Annual review process that strengthens service programs and refines skills while ensuring compliance with regulatory agency standards